Who are we?
As a non-profit organization according to the law of 1901, « Parisien d’un jour – Paris Greeters » organizes walking tours free-of-charge in the city of Paris or in nearby communities accessible by Metro but away from the typical tourist sites, avoiding well-traveled paths. (click here to download the charter).
“Parisien d’un jour – Paris Greeters” is a member of the GGN network (Global Greeter Network) and is committed to respecting the basic principles of the Global Greeter Network:
- Greeters are volunteers, a friendly face for those visiting a city/destination.
- Greeters welcome individuals and may serve small groups of up to six people.
- Meeting a Greeter is free of charge.
- Visitors are welcomed without any kind of discrimination.
- Greeter programs support sustainable tourism. Programs respects natural and man-made environments, it brings both cultural and economical enrichment to the local communities. Programs aim for a lasting positive image of each destination.
- Greeter programs create a mutually enriching opportunity for cultural exchange, create links between people in creating a better world.
Activities Manager contact: Anne Hofman.